The overall objective of the project is to enhance the socio-economic livelihoods of fishing communities within selected districts of the coastal savannah zones of Ghana. This objective will be achieved through the following specific objectives or work packages.
- Engage relevant stakeholders and value chain actors in target areas for project implementation.
- Enhance the knowledge and adoption of improved, environmentally friendly and cost efficient fuels and fish processing technologies.
- Build the capacities of target groups on appropriate fishing and business practices, environment protection, climate change, health and safety.
- Forge strategic partnerships between social protection entities (mainly health insurance, credit and pensions) and the target groups
- Document project outcomes and disseminate for learning and scaling.